Skin 2 Skin Care Healthy Food for Healthy Skin: Jicama and Cabbage Slaw
Healthy Cooking for Healthy Skin
Jicama and Cabbage Slaw (Side-Dish)
- ½ Jicama shredded (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups shredded white cabbage
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 carrot shredded
- 3 spring onions chopped
- ½ English cucumber halved and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, salt, fresh ground pepper and mix with 2 tablespoons of good olive oil, juice of ½ lemon, and 1 tablespoon of Rice Wine Vinegar.
Main Dish – Chicken in Coconut and Pepper
- Cube 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 Cubanelle Pepper, 1 Green Pepper, 1 Red Pepper all seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- Marinate for 2 hrs the cubed chicken in 1 tablespoon of red chili paste, 1 ½ tsp Turmeric, 1 Tsp, Cumin, and 1 Tsp Coriander, plus 1 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce.
- Sautee until ½ cooked in large pot, then add onions, peppers, and 1 cup vegetable stock or chicken stock, plus 125 ml Coconut Milk. (If you prefer more liquid, then add up to ¾ to 1 cup).
Serve with Jasmine or short-grain glutenous rice,
Smart Anti-Aging is to enrich your skin by the foods you eat and your Skin 2 Skin Care products.
Ken Simpson, Founder & President Skin 2 Skin Care
Follow us on Twitter @skin2skincare and www.facebook.com/Skin2SkinCare