A pretty container inside an even prettier box located on the shelf of a high end pretty spa located in Anywhere, USA is about to have an awakening. That pretty spa will soon need to know how that box was packaged and shipped and what the container looks like on the outside will matter not to what is inside. We predict that the new trend in the spa industry is not stem cells in ingredients – it is the empowerment of the consumer asking questions and demanding to know the who, what, when, where and why about what they are putting on their body.
With October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month and watching more and more research linking cancer to what we put in and on our bodies – what a better way to honor your own self, a survivor or someone who has lost their battle to cancer than to infuse your decisions as a consumer with discernment. Start asking questions the next time you get a facial. Become more conscientious about reading labels and cultivate awareness that is about the big picture.
Five Questions to Ask Your Spa Therapist –
- How were the ingredients in this product cultivated?
- Were they tested on animals?
- Are there any cancer causing ingredients located in this product?
- Is this product certified organic or USDA organic?
- These are two certifications that provide a solid foundation in how the product was produced and manufactured.
- Do you know any of the core values of the company that manufactures this product?
- Do you know if this company has an energy “offset” policy in place and how they are mindful of their carbon footprint?
- Do you use it on your own skin?
To say the least… this should make for some interesting conversations in the treatment rooms.